Monday, October 3, 2011

Free Personal Trainer

So I have a new personal trainer who is free of charge to anyone that needs help with their push up form. Well, she might enjoy a treat or two for her extremely hard work.




My little doggy helped me burn 513 calories today! She had some help from Marc who decided to work out with me today! We did lunges, squats, drills, suicides, jogging, sprints, pushups (lady ones for me), sit ups, and planks! All rolled up with extended walking warm ups and cool downs! Awesome!!

For dinner I made one of our favorite recipes Butter Bean Burgers! If you are looking for a non meat based meal that will fill you up for CHEAP this is the recipe for you!




Ingredients

* 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
* 1/4 cup cornmeal
* 3 TBSP plain nonfat yogurt
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil

Smash up rinsed beans, add all other ingredients except 1 tbsp cornmeal, and oil. Form four patties and sprinkle both sides with remainder cornmeal. Put oil in pan and cook patties until golden brown on both sides. About 5 minutes on medium high heat.


I had mine over mixed greens and some horseradish mustard as a dressing/patty topping! One patty has 341 calories, 30 carbs, 12 grams of protein, and 6 grams of fiber! (add five calories for a tbsp of horsey mustard lol) That's pretty good in my book! Plus the patties are HUMONGOUS! It might not look like it is in the above picture but trust me it's awesome! Please make this immediately. The jalapeƱo is so wonderful in it too, not overpowering but adds a taste that I think that took this bean burger to another level!

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow, I'm going to eat dinner because this post made me hungry! :)

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Man you make the most creative things for your healthy meals. kudos!

Amanda said...

I love bean burgers!! We just had some last Friday. ;)

Katie Foster said...

Yum, that recipe sounds great! I love all things that have beans. I'm definitely going to try these.