Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Confidence

I was reading Skinny Emmie's blog (If you don't know who she is, she's amazing and you should subscribe!) and she was talking about confidence today.

She asked us all to share what we are confident about and for a few minutes I really had to think about it. The whole time I was reading her blog I was thinking, "I'm a confident person", but when you really think about it, what are you confident about?

I sat and sat, and started to feel sad because I couldn't think of anything WHAT!

So now I am going to make a list of what I am confident about so I can really reflect and remember to love myself. How can we love others whole heartedly if can't love ourselves whole heartedly?!?


I Am Confident...


I am confident because I have a 4.0 GPA I am confident because I made the Dean's List last semester

I am confident because I am a good cook I am confident because I love to read for pleasure

I am confident because I try to be the person my pets think I am


I am confident because I don't give up!
I am confident because I put myself out there, even when I'm scared


I am confident because I have lost 75 pounds


I am confident because I know I'll be at my goal weight by May 1 (my b-day)


I am confident because I have loving support, from family, and from you!

Why are you confident, I really recommend this exercise it's helped me reflect on an issue I didn't even know I had! As Skinny Emmie says, "Confidence is not narcissism".


6 comments:

Ali said...

Thank you for your awesome comments on my blog. And HOLY CRAP - congratulations on your healthiness journey!!!! You are AMAZING, and yes you need to flaunt that confidence, you deserve it!!!

I love how the blog world can connect you with others who know what you are going through!

CHEERS!!!
Ali

Mollie said...

that's a great list chet

Amanda said...

I'm glad you found reasons to be confident - you deserve to be! :)

Czesia said...

Ali- yay!! blogger buddies! You are AMAZING too!!!! <3
Mollie- Love you dahling
Amanda- Thank you!

Emmie said...

Wow, wow, wow. You are AWESOME. Seriously. (And thank you for the kind words) xo

Czesia said...

Thank you so much Emmie, for helping me with confidence and reading my blog!