Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pesto Please!



I thought I looked pretty cute yesterday :)


Gotta thank my daddy and Voluminous mascara for those lashes! I think it is good to look at the mirror and try to think of POSITIVE things about yourself..try it! Be like this cutie...




Today I was short on time so I just used this clip from Claire's and stuffed the rest of my hair in a messy bun.





I spent (most of my) time researching today. Scholarships, shoes, Christmas gifts, coupons..etc. I'm glad to feel semi accomplished and have even finished my essay for tomorrow! yay! Just have to print it off.


Here's the mess I made looking at recipes, goodies, etc. The kitchen table is pretty much my desk now. Even though I have a desk which sits in the closet. I hate my messiness but it's part of who I am (more on mess later)




For dinner I made Rachael Ray's recipe for Kale Walnut Pesto Pasta. It was soooo yummy, and rich which I didn't expect!

The pesto is made of

1 bunch kale, stems removed (boiled for 5 mins, then drained)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup roasted walnuts
1 cup Parmesan
1/2 cup olive oil

just blend the first 4 ingredients...




It should look like this




then it should come into a ball before you add in the oil a little at a time.



I did like the pros say and froze the rest of the sauce to use on meats and vegetables :)



When I get home from work I'm going to take it out of the ice trays and into a plastic bag.

This is also what is looking me in the face when I get home.



I cleaned out the sink and did the dishes from the pesto before I left, but oh lord I have some chores!





It gets WORSE!




Oh well, to take your mind off of my nasty house (your mind or my mind?)


Here's Frankie. He's been showing off his @$$hole tendencies lately. I have been bitten and scratched only when I've been petting his head gently. Jerk face. Here he is looking at me funny.



And here is his new cat nip toy, 20 minutes from the time I gave it to him.




He is a wicked wicked cat. BUT, I love him, and I love him on Catnip SOOOO FUNNY!

Well, that's all folks!

Good Night!

No comments: