Monday, November 7, 2011

Registered Dietitian

So my title explains it all right?!?


No?

Let me elaborate.


I am in college at the moment, actually in my third semester. I've just been taking general education courses until I could make up my mind on what I've wanted to base my degree on. I've thought teaching, then maybe counseling/ therapist, and both I thought I could do well.

I've changed my mind (who doesn't) a million times, but this is the first time I have EVER felt a calling for my degree.

Y'all I am going to become a Registered Dietitian.
I'm NOT going to be going to the ugly University, but to a lovely little college that isn't coed...YES!

I had an appointment with the head of the department and she was so nice, I have another appointment on Wednesday, to talk to an advisor and make sure all of my paperwork is in order.

I'm so excited, and I finally feel as if I have a calling. If there is one thing I can do, it's help others with nutrition. I've been there, I'm passionate about it, it's awesome!

I was worried about job outlook, but of the students that graduated with the degree last semester, only one has yet to find a job.

I can do this.

I can follow my dream, help others, be passionate, and enjoy knowing that my goal is attainable. I might have about 3 (hopefully no more than) years left of schooling but I'm confident and thought I would share.

Look out world, sooner than later...I'M GOING TO BE THIS GIRL!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Woo! That's awesome. I've seriously considered doing something similar, but I'm not sure about which direction exactly to take. I'm also thinking about psychology and sociology, especially in relation to food and nutrition.

Czesia said...

In my appointment with the director she told me there are three areas of RD's, clinical, Food Service Management, and Public Health!

Mollie said...

my friend lewis from work is going to school for that. Apparently it's a really great job, and is definately up your alley. I'm so glad you've found something that you will be passionate about. To me, college is somewhat important, but it's only worth it if you actually choose a career that you're interested in, and not something that you settle on. Good luck!!

Katie Foster said...

That's AWESOME!! That is what I was studying when I quit college :) I think you'll be great at it!

Czesia said...

Mollie, I am so excited! Do you know which area your friend wants to work in? Hospitals or something? I'm not sure exactly.
Katie- We are so alike, and I love it!

Mollie said...

I'm not exactly sure really.lol