Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gah

Just a quick hello in between research for my term paper! I didn't even start it yesterday, why do I do this to myself? The first draft is due tomorrow. Gah.


Today was a school day, so much of my time was out being EXTREMELY busy. I've got about 2 weeks left of the semester. It's crunch time ladies and Gents. Are there any Gents reading?


Anyway, I had half an hour at home today and I wanted to show/ prove to myself that I can make something moderately healthy. Granted I still needed time to get into my uniform and sit down and eat it so it had to be QUICK! I decided to make a recipe for Tuna "burgers". Y'all know I'm a BROKE college student so sometimes 'healthy' food comes in a can.





The patties were quite large, and could be split into 8, but I made 4 large patties at 436 calories a piece.

Tuna and Butter Bean Burgers


2 tbsp canola oil
12.5 ounces tuna, canned in water, drained
2 cups butter beans, drained
1 cup cornmeal, divided in half
2 ounces feta, crumbled
2 eggs
Salt, Pepper to taste

Place oil in pan, heat on high. Form four patties with all ingredients, except 1/2 cup cornmeal. Form patties and sprinkle each side with leftover cornmeal, salt and pepper. Place in heated skillet. You can tell when the oil is hot enough by putting a little bit of cornmeal in the oil. I turned my heat to medium after flipping the first side.

Enjoy! Okay enough procrastinating! Good night!

No comments: