Sunday, November 13, 2011

Quinoa Feta Casserole!

I'm about to start writing a 6 page term paper, wish me luck! It's about immigration. This one is the least stressful paper I have to write, so I'm hoping it'll go quickly. Then I have to write an essay for Cinema (class SUCKS), and start rewriting a thesis for comparing Hitchcock's Psycho to Van Sant's Psycho. The problem is, I have no idea what to write about!! My first Thesis was " Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho is incomparable to Van Sant's version, as Hitchcock's ideas were original, Gus's were recycled."

So she wrote back "
Hi Chetney, When starting a comparison paper, I don't think it's a great idea to say that the 2 films are not comparable. Yes, you want to say one is better than the other, but you undermine the entire purpose of writing the paper! My next concern is your focus on how Hitchcock was original and Van Sant was recycled. Well, that could be said about ALL remakes! Remakes, by their very nature, are not original. So, what more can be said about that? Nothing. You need to select 2 or 3 elements of these films and compare them. You have not presented that here in this draft of your thesis. You've basically restated the assignment."

CRAP, I can see the incomparable was probably not the best word to use. UGH I need help guys :( Just reading that above paragraph makes my blood boil. I usually don't get called out like that so it made me mad LOL!

Anyway,

For eats today:

I made a spinach and egg sammie for breakfast


Chased with iced coffee, with coconut milk, and almond joy creamer.


p
my aunt brought over chicken soup that I forgot to take a picture of, but it was really tasty. Especially after my workout.

Also unpictured was a coconut, and coffee protein shake.

Here's the best thing that I made today though! It's a Quinoa Feta Casserole! So easy, and delicious!



In the bake:
1/2 cup quinoa
1 16-oz. bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed
4 oz. feta cheese, grated or crumbled
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
1 cup nonfat egg substitute
2.5 tablespoons flour
1 tsp paprika

Boil Quinoa in 1 cup water, simmer for 15 minutes.

Mix all other ingredients, then add quinoa (I added peas with the spinach) and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or so. Make sure it's firm in the middle. Then eat it all up! :)

The rest of my eats today will be an apple with natural PB, a tortilla with cinnamon and sugar, a cup of green beans, and 1 cup of frozen peaches. I was supposed to eat the last two with dinner but I was SEVERELY late leaving the house and had to book it!

TTYL!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear about the calling out. That really sucks. I've not seen either of those movies so I'm afraid I'm no help there. :/

Czesia said...

You've never seen Hitchcock's Psycho?! You should! It's a great one!

Sarah said...

That casserole looks delicious! I'll have to try it. Good luck with the essay!

Czesia said...

It was really good! I think next time I would add garlic! Thank you Sarah!

Mollie said...

that's terrible. I probably would have gone off on her, but I've always been bad at controlling my mouth. lol. that food looks delish as always. I'm trying to figure something out for myself at the moment. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm