Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Way to go ME!

I told myself that I was going to wake up at 10am this morning and actually had the discipline to get up around 10:30am. This might sound dumb to some of you but working the late shift makes it really hard to go to sleep and wake up at the right times. I think 10 is a perfect time to wake up, but I will have to wake up a tad earlier on Tuesdays and Thursdays for school downtown.

I feel like I got a lot accomplished today! I took care of a couple errands (warranties, bill payment, prescription pickup) and did my skincare routine all before breakfast...plus my breakfast wasn't at 2:30pm...this is a big deal!

Some might have remembered that today was the first day of the second part of my diet! I've graduated onto the 2nd 17 days!!! This means I can get started on eating two natural starches, and lean red meats every other day.

For breakfast I had Oatmeal (read: yum). This oatmeal was made the same way KathEats makes hers except I used plain nonfat yogurt in place of the milk. I don't think I'll do that again, I had a kind of sour taste through the oats. I made two servings so I'll be eating the yogurt oats on Friday morning..Oh well, some oats are better than none!

The oats included:
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 cup water
1 banana
1/4 of a Kashi Chewy Peanut Bar, chopped

After my breakfast had digested some I decided to walk on the treadmill while watching The Worst Cook in America from the Food Network on Hulu. This was filmed back in 2009, and I remember seeing the first couple episodes. I really liked it, and was rooting for Jenny Cross, I love her style. she's the one on the left side of the chef on the red team.

I really surprised myself on the treadmill today! I was on for 40 minutes and walked 2:15 miles. I say walked because thats what I mostly did, BUT I also jogged at 4.0 mph for 9 minutes! I was proud that I held on and that I had the energy. I am a bad runner so it felt good!

After my workout, I did the breakfast dishes (also a major feat since I seem to have an allergy to dishes) and took a nice long shower!!

Lunch time!


I had a pork loin chop (looks huge but it was razor thin), California mixed vegetables and half of a medium potato, mashed with plain nonfat yogurt. Did you know a medium potato is supposed to fit in the cup of your hand??!! Wow, that's tiny! I ended up having the same meal for dinner except not the potato. I didn't boil it enough and it tasted weird.

Before I left for work I enjoy 6 ounces of some Dannon Light and Fit STRAWBERRY! yogurt which was a really tasty treat!


After work I'll have some plain yogurt mixed with lemon juice and Truvia, plus a cup of tea.

I feel good! I must also mention that at the end of my 17 days on this diet I've lost 11 pounds. It's amazing what we can do when we are dedicated and disciplined enough to follow through with our goals! We are all worth it!

Have a good night, see you tomorrow!

What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?

1 comment:

Mollie said...

man you have some serious will power going on chica! good for you! I wish I did but alas, I love carbs wayyy too much..plus I hate cooking at home =)
I understand the late night thing also, since I'm a server and up until recently I was a night shift person..sucks