Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's my Friday!

Oh how I love Thursdays! Mostly because Friday is the next day but oh just HOW HOW HOW I love Thursdays!

Marc had the night off tonight so of course he was in a grand mood and I joined his mood gratefully ;)

I woke up yearning for a green monster! Have you heard of the Green Monster? It's a smoothie made with spinach, fruit of choice, and milk! I swear it actually tastes great, and you can feel good knowing you had something healthful and gotten in quite a few fruit and veggie portions for the day!



This one isn't mine (as you can tell the photography is much better quality than mine haha) but looks quite like what I had, except mine was a little muddier in color because I added blueberries!

For lunch I had planned to roast up a chicken and try a new recipe, grilled romaine by Alton Brown...but we ended up going shopping instead! We hit up Walmart and Target and I didn't get home until 3:40pm ekk time crunch!

While at Walmart both Marc and I realized that we were famished so we hit up the subway! Marc had a Turkey Melt with chipotle sauce, provolone, spinach, and some other veg but I can't remember what it was.

I had a oven baked chicken salad with banana peppers, olives, pickles, tomatoes, and red wine vinegar. Wish i had a picture, but I did indeed leave my camera at work UGH!

I had all intentions of finding something to eat before leaving for work but i forgot my dinner at home (really can't call it a dinner it was just two raw eggs and half a bag of frozen veggies to both be microwaved at work!) So my glorious husband came to the rescue and brought me Thai food!

He is so awesome he even asked the waitress for help in order to make sure it was following my diet HAHA! The sauce, and rice were on the side so I could easily throw them away.

This was SUCH a big amount of food. I could only finish half! Two whole chicken breasts and a mountain of vegetables underneath including cabbage, carrots, onions, and broccoli. DELISH! On the side I had half of a diet coke, it was tasting really nasty to me I don't know why.

After work I think I'll have a tablespoon of peanut butter and a glass of milk mmmm..mmmm!

TGIF (almost!)

No comments: