Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One more pound!

I'm so excited I lost another pound! This actually surprised me because I was really feeling like I wasn't going to see a good number. So that means I've lost 6 pounds in 4 days! I feel so much better, and really don't crave any crap, which I thought would never happen. Yesterday I was craving so bad...

maybe this...


omg this....


and end with this...


But you know what I figured out today? Yes these foods are awesome and comforting and great, but I know what they taste like, and I know what it feels like to eat it! That's why i eat it, because it makes me feel good! But maybe instead of feeling good for the 10 minutes it takes me to scarf down this unhealthy food, I can trade it in for feeling good forever! Once I get off this phase of my diet, I'll be eating more food choices, lean red meats, shellfish, potatoes, brown rice, and oats. I know that i am going to be able to resist the sweets and the junk and the "fake" foods because I've recharged my taste buds and my willpower. This change has made me realize how strong I really am (believe me I have cinnamon rolls, chocolates, fried chicken, and french fries in my house right now) I haven't given in once! I can do this, we all can do this!

Today I read the new issue of People magazine and it gave so many inspirational stories of people who have conquered their struggle with food and weight. I recommend picking it up, it is really inspiring! I'm thinking of tacking up some of the pictures next to my treadmill!

My meals today:
Hot water with lemon
Plain nonfat yogurt with strawberries and blueberries
Roasted chicken thigh and drumstick, skin removed. Serving of grapes.
Muffin In a Minute w/ sugar free strawberry jam (I don't think this is allowed on my plan, I'll see what happens with weight tomorrow more info later on)
Chicken Pesto Soup
Yogurt with cinnamon

A Muffin in a Minute is something that I remember making a lot while I was on the Atkins diet back in 2008. I really enjoyed it for a snack and thought I'd try to make it today! I am not sure if it is allowed on this plan but I substituted the butter for Canola oil.

To make this (which is way high in fiber, and omega 3's)
Mix together in a mug
3 tbsp flax meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet truvia, or other sugar substitute
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp canola oil, or butter (depending)

Microwave for 1 minute, and enjoy!

Marc and I went to Target today and picked him out a shirt to wear under his new suit jacket! We are so excited to be going out for New Years this year! I can't wait to show our new outfits!

Much love guys!

1 comment:

rachel.muchmore said...

I am so proud of you! Seriously, you inspire me more than you know. :)