Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Day Back to School

It was my first day and I'm so tired.

I woke up at 7:30 and got ready to go to the gym. I ended up getting to the gym at 8:05 and worked out until 8:45. So I got a solid 40 minutes in. I think once I become a little more streamlined in my approach, I will be able to get that hour in. Burning 345 calories before I'm usually awake was awesome!


My first class was Math and I had to take a placement test. I hate those tests because I always forget how to do the math from the semester before. If I don't do it constantly, I lose it. She said that if we didn't get a good score that she would recommend us to retake 110. Oh hell nah, that's not going to happen. She did say she wouldn't force anyone so that's good. I'm not going anywhere. I knew the harder problems, but not like the fraction stuff. That we did way too long ago.

On to the downtown campus, I really liked my chemistry teacher! He's hilarious, and YOUNG! I think he was one of those really smart genius kids because he couldn't be over the age of 30 no way. He's got his doctorate, and also works at the state university as a scientist on the side. COOL!

My eats were perfect today, this is what I had:

Raspberry Oat Smoothie (from pinterest, and Martha Stewart)

You've got to try it, it's sooo good!

Lunch was a turkey sandwich with sprouts, a half slice of colby cheese, and horseradish mustard.

Dinner was grilled chicken, baked sweet potato fries, and spinach salad.

Snacks were a hardboiled egg, cheddar pretzels, and 1 ounce of mixed nuts.


I'm going to have a popsicle when I get home :)



I think it's so much easier to eat better when I'm BUSY! What about you?

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you had a good first day!

To answer that last question, I think you're right. Being a stay at home mom makes it REALLY HARD to lose weight, haha! :D

Czesia said...

I couldn't even imagine it! At least I always have work at night to make sure I don't overeat. Nights always seem to get me! Your success shows your discipline!

Mollie said...

ooh that smoothie looks so good!! I am in dire(sp?) of a mixed beverage now!!

I am with amanda...I feel like all I do is eat when I'm at home with ava. ughhhh

Czesia said...

Mollie- I caught myself doing that A LOT when I was home more on break. I think I figured out that I eat for comfort, and out of boredom. Food just tastes TOO good!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Glad to hear you had a great day! The right professor can make or break a class! Why some of these passionless people teach is beyond me!

Czesia said...

I know what you mean! Sometimes I get a bad teacher and it's like I wanna kick him in the shins.. It's so dumb that we pay money to be abused LOL!

Sarah said...

That smoothie sounds amazing! Hope you enjoy your classes!