Saturday, April 5, 2014

The "I Hate Salad" Kale Salad

If you know one thing about me, you should know I have never liked salads. Well, that's a pretty strong statement. Maybe there is this one Asian salad with a spicy peanut dressing and edamame that's so delicious, it single-handedly solidified my friendship with a beautiful blonde. I really can't deny that peanut-y creation as being anything short of delectable and magical.

Anyway I digress, where were we? Oh yes, lettuce is stupid. It's boring, there I said it. That's why we transform that crunchy bland leaf into something more desirable, a Ranch dressing transport device more than likely.

So why fight it! Why call lettuce something other than a dressing transportation device and dress it up like a pig on the fourth of July...

What does that even mean?

Ladies and gentlemen, lettuce haters of all ages, I give you Kale.

 
A nutrient power house who has seen it's fifteen minutes of fame and then some, but whoa Nelly Furtado let's not let this guy leave the limelight! When mixed with the right foundation, accessories, and maybe a great pair of stilettos we can make this Kale not only sneak into our mouths, but in our hearts as well.
 
 
 
"I Hate Salad" Kale Salad
 
Serves one 6'9 gentleman and one pint sized red head.
 
3 tablespoons or so, balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sunflower oil (or whatever oil you like really)
1 teaspoon or so, oil from sundried tomatoes jar
3 sundried tomatoes, chopped
3 carrots, diced
4 cups finely chopped Kale (the finer the chop, the less tough it is)
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/3 cup shaved Parmesan (I like Trader Joes Shaved Cheese Blend)
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Mix it on up and enjoy some serious nutrition while your taste buds are like "Whoa, I don't think I really hate salad. I'm feeling very confused right now, what kind of vegetable sorcery is this?"
 
Delicious sorcery my dear, delicious.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

Sounds delish! But I'm a huge salad fan!