Monday, April 7, 2014

Old School Eats

Marc and I got the rare chance of eating all of our meals together today! What a beautiful day it was too, sunny and warm-wish (can't complain, it's Wisconsin after all). After school we did our run and strength training, and I got a lot of school work done.

A couple of days ago I was looking at some old posts where I just blogged everything I ate that day so I thought, let's go old school today! Since Marc is sitting right next to me, I thought it would be fun to see what he thought about our meals today! So here's our eats:


Breakfast was a Mocha Protein shake and strawberry peanut butter toast
 
Marc said: "The shake was good. The toast was exactly what it is... toast with peanut butter and strawberries on it. What do you want from me?"

 
Lunch was Strawberry mango salad with cinnamon vinaigrette, pepper jack, chipotle, and sundried tomato grilled cheese, and leftover red lentil soup.

Marc said: "This lunch was awesome, the soup tastes even better the second day, and the grilled cheese was like orgasmic."
 
Dinner was broiled tofu with a honey mustard, maple marinade, kale salad (want the recipe, see the last post) and baked apples
 
Marc said (read this like an old gentlemen from the thirties haha): "The tofu reminded me of the texture of eggs"

sorry for the interruption, Czesia here, I forgot to press the tofu so it was softer than normal... anyway back to marc...

 "the marinade topped it off fantastically, the salad was very kale-y I like the almonds in it and the sweetness of the sundried tomatoes, I didn't like the apples.

 
3 ingredient cookies: Banana oat chocolate chip

Marc said: "NOT ENOUGH COOKIES WERE MADE, A COMMON OCCURRENCE IN THIS HOUSE!"

Wow. thanks Marc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading about what the Dudzics ate today! All the meals look delicious and nutritious. Hearing Mr. D's input made me smile. Thank you for sharing! More posts like these would be great as they provided awesome ideas for the Spitza household. ;)

Czesia said...

I'm so glad you liked this post! I think they're my favorite because it keeps me honest, and it
S easy haha... gotta eat! I'm glad I could inspire, you inspire me everyday


Aww!

Frickin' Fabulous at 40 said...

My husband would say "it was good" whether it was hot dogs or a 4 course meal! Obnoxious!

Czesia said...

Agreed! Hahaha!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh said...

"What do you want from me?" Hilarious!